1. Compile and Debug SoftEther
In order to debug SoftEtherVPN I had to spend a considerable amount of time to get it running.
These set of libraries apply to Ubuntu 16.04
sudo apt-get install -y cmake libncurses-dev libc-bin libc-dev-bin libc6 libc6-dbg libc6-dev libc6-pic multiarch-support nscd libnss3-dev libreadline-dev libssl-dev
After that check out and compile the project
git clone https://github.com/SoftEtherVPN/SoftEtherVPN cd SoftEtherVPN ./configure make clean make DEBUG=YES
Then run the the vpn server as a root
- Now open eclipse CDT and import the project
- Go Run -> Debug Configurations -> and create a new "C/C++ Attach to application" -> Then hit "Debug"
- a Menu with the processes running on your system will open, choose the vpnserver
- Note: There should be two vpnserver processes running. Choose the one with "one" core next to its name
That's it. Now you should be able to debug SoftEther
Only Compile SoftEther
Also done for Ubuntu, you need to install the following libraries:
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential libreadline-dev libssl-dev